Top 5 Financial Literacy Resources
Discover the top five resources that Financial Literacy Trainer, Barry Gravatt, shares with people in his presentations. For more information, contact: Barry.Gravatt@state.sd.us
- The Consumer Finance Protection Bureau site “Your Money, Your Goals” is a set of materials to help organizations and practitioners work with people to meet their financial goals.
- Billings Federal Credit Union Online Tools & Training provide interactive guides that coach people through topics like Couples & Money, Car Buying, and Credit Management.
- FDIC Money Smart Program: The newly enhanced Money Smart Computer-Based Instruction (CBI) is an easy-to-use tool to learn more about basic personal financial management. The CBI can complement formal classes by providing learning assignments that users can complete at their own pace.
- The South Dakota Department of Labor and Regulation's Reality Check site helps students find out how much money they will need to cover their expenses and which occupations will support their lifestyles.
- Alan Akina's Super Duper Simple Book on Money, is a free download that teaches financial management principles and provides strategies for saving.