Poor Students, Rich Teaching Book Study
Research states the classroom teacher is the single most significant contributor to student achievement. This course provides an opportunity for teachers to study and apply the seven high-impact mindsets necessary to reach not just students from poverty but from all socioeconomic groups. Becoming equipped with these mindsets holds the potential for teachers to make a profound difference in the lives of all students, not just those from poverty.
In the Rich Teaching Book Study participants will:
- Develop greater awareness and action to engage students from poverty by learning about the seven high-impact mindsets necessary to reach students from poverty and help them succeed
- Reflect upon the seven mindsets and how they fit into their individual content/classroom
- Plan, practice and implement the mindsets in relationship to their individual classrooms
- Have the opportunity to engage with peers throughout the course via online platforms.
Complete all questions in the Registration Form. 30 participant maximum
- February 1, 2020 Course opens (This is a self-paced course with suggested completion dates for assignments and readings)
- March 27, 2020 All course assignments must be completed